A series of pre- and post-conference Field Trips have been put together by the 14th SGA organizing committee in order to complement and enhance the proposed scientific program of the 14th Biennial meeting to be held in Quebec City. Eight Field Trips are proposed covering a wide spectrum of mineral deposits within numerous mining districts in Canada, United States of America, and South America.
* Participants are responsible to make their own travel arrangements to and from field trips starting/ending points.
** All field trips have limited attendance. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis and no preregistration will be accepted. The organizing committee will ensure that a fair balance of participant’s experience and affiliations is respected for each field trip.
*** Participants to field trips must also register to the SGA Québec 2017 meeting. Because expenses are incurred to ensure the field trips, registration to these activities is non-refundable.
- Physical volcanology and metallogenesis of the Ni-Cu-PGE deposits in the Cape Smith Belt, Québec, Canada – FT01
- Iron oxide and alkali alteration, skarn and epithermal mineralizing systems of the Grenville Province, Canada – FT02
- Gold mineralization in the Guiana Shield, Guiana and Suriname, South America – FT03 is SOLD OUT, waiting list available
- Uranium deposits in the Western Athabasca Basin, Canada – FT04
- Québec fortified city: geological and historical heritage – FT05
- Precious and base metal deposits of the southern Abitibi greenstone belt, Superior Province, Canada – FT06 is SOLD OUT, waiting list available
- Stratigraphic and metallogenic context of the Sokoman Iron Formation in the Labrador Trough near Schefferville, Québec-Labrador, Canada – FT07
- Geologic setting and iron oxide deposits of the mesoproterozoic St. Francois Mountains, Southeast Missouri, USA – FT08
- Visit of the COREM and the INRS laboratory facilities – FT09